Friday, April 16, 2010

Oh, it hurts...

That was said quite a bit last night as Clark and I struggled to get those last push ups done. We started our P90X workout and it was great. My arms and chest are a little sore today, but so far so good. Although Clark came home saying that he was too tired to workout, when the time came he pushed the chair aside in the living room and joined in. It was great to workout with someone. The first day was the chest and back routine. It felt more like the arms workout because we are both so out of shape that we couldn't do our push ups very deep to get the workout we were suppose to on our chests. And we didn't have a pull up bar to do all the moves that work your back. We have decided to invest in a pull up bar though for next week. Also, we cheated a little because it was getting late and we needed to get to bed so we skipped the Ab Ripper X which was suppose to be done after the chest and back workout. I just did some ab work on my own Wednesday night and you shouldn't work your abs everyday according the Tony, so I didn't feel too bad about skipping it. We will pick it back up tomorrow night like we are suppose to. I think we are really going to enjoy this series. Clark likes that there are a lot of military style moves and of course the Army was when he was in the best shape. I like that you have water and rest breaks like you would have in a real gym setting, he shows you three different ways of doing an exercise, and you set your own goals. I have to print out the worksheets so we can track our progress. Well, I guess that is all for now. We are taking our "fat" pictures tonight so we can visually see our progress. I don't know if I will have the guts to post those, but I am concidering it. And no, I'm not going to pose in a bikini for the pictures. No one wants to see that. I'm going to try my best to post a few times a week just to keep you informed on our P90X progress and so I will have to be accountable. I think it helps when you know there are others out there waiting to see your progress, so feel free to comment (good or bad) as I go along on this new journey. My ultimate goal is to lose 30 pounds by August 9th (we leave for Florida on the 10th) and to look lean for our second wedding pictures. I just have to look better at my second wedding to Clark than I did at my first wedding to him. He wants a similar goal. We were both at our heaviest at our wedding 10 years ago (216 for me, 245 for him). Check out those double chins.

Well, here is to a new start, to being healthy, happy, (and hopefully skinny). :)

1 comment:

Katie @ Team Skelley said...

Way to go! Keep up with the good work and let me know if you need any advice, ideas, etc. I love talking fitness. :D