Here is the lastest question session that was passed out...
1. Who was your best friend? Elizabeth, Karen, Laura, Shalene, Nicole and Susan.
2. Did you play any sports? Nope
3. What kind of car did you drive? A 1987 Chevy Celebrity, white with the sports package (passed down from mom)
4. It's Friday night, where were you? In the fall the dog pound, baby. Go rebels!!!!!! The rest of the time at the movies or out with friends.
5. Were you a party animal? No
6. Were you considered a flirt? Yes
7. Were you in band, orchestra or choir? No. I was an actress in high school.
8. Were you a nerd? No. I was an honor student, but not a nerd.
9. Were you ever suspended or expelled? No.
10. Can you sing the fight song? Sure.
11. Who was your favorite teacher? Mrs. Lacy and Mrs. Collins, I liked there view on English Lit.
12. What was your school mascot? Rebel
13. Did you go to the prom? No. (Not until last year, if that counts.)
14. If you could go back, would you? Maybe for a minute, but what's done is done.
15. What do you remember most about graduation? I won $50 in the pool tournament at project graduation that night.
16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day? I was in class. I was a goody and didn't skip.
17. Did you have a job your senior year? Not during the school year, but I worked at Shoney's in the summer.
18. Where did you go most often for lunch? We couldn't leave, so it was the good ol' cafateria. I ate a chicken sandwich and sweet tea every day.
19. Have you gained weight since then? Can I use my pregnancy as an excuss? Of course I've gained weight.
20. What did you do after graduation? I went to college and graduated with a BS in BS (or Public Relations, which ever you would like to call it.)
21. What year did you graduate? 1994
22. Who was your Senior Prom date? refer to question #13 (my husband, Clark)
23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion? Yes. I had a pretty good time considering I really didn't want to go at first.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Posted by Carrie Sparks McClain at 8:18 AM
I was looking back over my blog to try to figure out what I posted about before we got pregnant and I realized that I had promised some pictures of our early vacations this summer and had never delivered on those pictures. Well, here are some pictures from the McClain family camping trip. This was really a lot of fun. We had a fish fry, Mollie and Jan tried so hard to stay on their floats in the lake and Alex spent much of his time just relaxing. I'll try to get some pictures from our Panama City camping trip on here soon.
Posted by Carrie Sparks McClain at 8:10 AM
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
We have finally started on the nursery. As many of you know I started getting things a few years ago when we were trying on our own to get pregnant. I always knew that I wanted a Classic Pooh nursery for either a boy or a girl and I found the perfect bedding, so I bought it. Then a girl I worked with was selling her crib, so I bought that. I found the changing table to match on ebay and bought that. Then I discovered that they had all types of pooh things on ebay so I found the curtain, changing table cover, diaper stacker and crib sheets to match my bedding. I slowly bought up all these things, brand new on ebay, as I had the money (among other things that I thought would be cute in the nursery). They have been boxed up for the most part over the past couple of years and when I found out I was pregnant I couldn't wait to get them out. Clark had already put together the crib and changing table and put the bedding on it, but everything else was just laying in the crib until Sunday. We spent the afternoon getting old boxes and craft things out of the babies room and into the guest bedroom (our new junk room) and putting some things in their place. We bought a rack to make an extra place to hang clothes in the closet and a shelf system for little shoes and things, so Clark took care of that and we hung the curtain. It is really coming together and with another afternoon or evening of work we should have things in order so as soon as we find out what we are having, I can start buying up gender specific stuff (right now everything is yellow). This is really starting to get fun. Once you get past the sickness and fatigue, it's not too bad.
Posted by Carrie Sparks McClain at 6:29 AM
Monday, August 6, 2007
Everytime I see my little 5 year old cousin Courtney she asks, "Where is my baby cousin." She's not doing very well with the "having to wait" part. She's ready to see her cousin now. Her older sister has much more patience and understanding. Mom said that Courtney came by her house the other day to visit and saw the bassinet and stroller that I gave mom to use at her house. First Courtney got all excited thinking that the baby was here, then she wasn't sure about it when mom told her that those things were there because the baby would stay at Aunt Linda's sometimes. Courtney replied, "Why can't Carrie take the baby to her house to stay." It is really different trying to explain a baby to a five year old, but I love it. She has so many opinions about it. Last week in Sunday school, she decided to tell her teacher about the new baby cousin. She added that it was going to be a boy and she was going to name it Thomas. That was the first I had heard about that either of those. I tell her that she has to wait until after Christmas, when it gets close to Valentine's Day, but she still asks everytime I see her, "Where is my baby cousin."
Posted by Carrie Sparks McClain at 2:06 PM