Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Classic Pooh


We have finally started on the nursery. As many of you know I started getting things a few years ago when we were trying on our own to get pregnant. I always knew that I wanted a Classic Pooh nursery for either a boy or a girl and I found the perfect bedding, so I bought it. Then a girl I worked with was selling her crib, so I bought that. I found the changing table to match on ebay and bought that. Then I discovered that they had all types of pooh things on ebay so I found the curtain, changing table cover, diaper stacker and crib sheets to match my bedding. I slowly bought up all these things, brand new on ebay, as I had the money (among other things that I thought would be cute in the nursery). They have been boxed up for the most part over the past couple of years and when I found out I was pregnant I couldn't wait to get them out. Clark had already put together the crib and changing table and put the bedding on it, but everything else was just laying in the crib until Sunday. We spent the afternoon getting old boxes and craft things out of the babies room and into the guest bedroom (our new junk room) and putting some things in their place. We bought a rack to make an extra place to hang clothes in the closet and a shelf system for little shoes and things, so Clark took care of that and we hung the curtain. It is really coming together and with another afternoon or evening of work we should have things in order so as soon as we find out what we are having, I can start buying up gender specific stuff (right now everything is yellow). This is really starting to get fun. Once you get past the sickness and fatigue, it's not too bad.

4 comments:

Libby said...

I remember when you started buying some of that. I'm so glad that you're having fun getting the room ready. I can't wait to come see it. We need to make plans to get together soon. You guys could come up here or we could even meet in the middle for dinner some time.

Carrie Sparks McClain said...

I'm dying to see your new house so I would love to try to come up sometime soon. We'll see what we can work out.

Renee said...

Of course, the irony is that you'll have more requests to use your guest room when the baby arrives!! Just wait until your parents walk through the door (without even looking at you) in their haste to see the little one!
Oh, well. We'll be the same way someday, huh?

Carrie Sparks McClain said...

We had our niece living with us for a couple of months before she got married, when her fiance moved into her apartment in Winchester. I had to put the bed back up and fix the room because I had turned it into my craft room. The week after she got married and moved out, we found out we were pregnant and I decided to just leave the guest room for the upcoming guests that would swing by. All of my family lives close, but you never know who might want to stay the night. I'm really thinking that my youngest niece, 16, will find her way to our house more often now. She loves babies.