Monday, April 16, 2007

Sad news!


We have lost one of our own in this crazy war over seas. Alex Stephens was killed last Thursday in a road side bombing in Afganistan. He was 28 years old from Tullahoma, a 1996 graduate of FCHS. Those close to my age might remember his sisters Shalene and Shalia. Shalene has done two tours in Iraq and has been blessed to return with no harm. Shalia lives in German with her husband. This family has been hit hard over the years. Their mother passed away two years ago after a heart attack and their father was involved in a motorcycle wreck when they were very young suffering some brain damage, so there have been a lot of hardships in this family. Alex will be missed by a lot of people, but most of all by his wife and three month old daughter, Sienna. Please keep this family in your prayers.

2 comments:

Libby said...

How awful. Tell Shalene I'm thinking about her and their family. I'll keep them in our prayers.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry. The whole family will be in my prayers and thoughts as my heart is grateful for those willing to serve and even pay the ultimate price.