Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Depleting the Disney Fund (already)

You might notice from my Disney Fund sidebar that we went from $400 to $40. I said that money would not be touched because we are saving for a vacation (of some sort, hopefully Disney in 2012), but we made a decision that was meaningful to our family. We decided that since I was able to save so much so quickly, we would put it to better use for us, for right now. I withdrew the money from my hidden envelope and PAID OFF a loan. Now, our debt is a little lighter and I'm happy with starting over on my Disney fund. Sometimes, you have to think about the long term. With fewer bills, I should be able to make up the funds I spent later on. It is what is best for us right now, and when I pulled out that money, my husband was surprised and thrilled at what I had been able to save this summer while he was out of town for work. Now, he knows that I am determined to have a vacation soon, and we can work toward that goal together. I am happy with our decision, but I still can't wait to see Mickey!!!!!!

1 comment:

Renee said...

Way to go, Carrie! That's great!