Monday, April 28, 2008

Garden Update




Don't try to grow tomato plants from seed unless you have a greenhouse. I set my plants out last week and they all laid down on the ground and died. They just didn't have strong enough stems to keep them up, so I bought new ones yesterday at a local greenhouse and planted them. They aren't the interesting varieties that the others were so I won't get anything different than other local growers, but at least I can get them fresh from my own garden. That is the only thing that I have planted so far. Since it keeps raining, Clark hasn't been able to go back over the garden spot with the tiller to brake it up a little more so I can plant my seeds. Hopefully I can get them in the ground by the end of the week. Also an update to my second job. I went in Friday night to Designer Cakes and worked till midnight to get things ready for Saturday. I loved it. I learned so much from Joan. Hopefully it will work out for me to go in on Thursday and Friday nights to help out. Everyone enjoy your week and check out these pictures of the new tomato plants that I planted. I have Better Boy, Golden Boy and Super Sweet 100 (Cherry Tomato).

No comments: